Monday, October 29, 2012

Seasonal Scents

Hello!

  I was never a very big candle person. Wall scents, car fresheners, etc- yes. Candles? Eh. Never really thrilled me. But, with the arrival of a Slatkin & Co Candles sale at B&BW, I became a candle person instantly. Currently, they're having a sale on the mini candles, by the way.
I love the idea of wintertime where you light candles and have fluffy blankets and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. So, for that scenario to occur, we need a few things. For blankets, i'm currently under Nap Cuddle blanket, which you can get at Brookstone. They're a bit pricey, but the softest and best blankets by far. For coffee, I'm currently brewing Starbucks Cafe Verona, but I'm a love of Green Mountain coffees. And for candles, well, that's the main event!



I am burning 'Tis the Season at the moment, its rich and warm and spicy, with a hint of cranberry as well. Its my all around favorite Holiday scent, and I fully recommend it. For Christmas, I have the Twisted Peppermint candle, which I have yet to burn, but it smells incredible in the jar.
I really love the B&BW candles because the scent lingers. If I burnt the candle yesterday, I would still be greeted by the gentle scent of it 3 days later. I believe this has a lot to do with the way they melt. I prefer to keep mine lit at least until there is an even layer of melted wax (largely because the surface stays smooth and I'm OCD about it). These candles melt into a oil scents, essentially. Its very much like the glade candles that melt entirely and stay liquid. These candles re-harden of course, but they are very very liquid when melting This keeps the smell around for a wonderful length of time. Completely worth the money. And they tend to go on sale around the holidays. I prefer the large 3 wick version, but there are 2, 1, and mini versions. For the coming months, these are the scents I'll be purchasing:

Spice Apple Toddy
Leaves
Brandied Pear
Winter Candy Apple

What are your favorite candles and scents? Do you prefer air fresheners to candles, or vice versa?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment