Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Boy, oh boy, do I have a lot of cool new stuff to talk about! My birthday was yesterday and I got a ton of things I can't wait to use. I'll review the Williams-Sonoma goodies later, but let me tell you about others!
The first thing I got was the  darling Stella and Dot Tribute bracelet from my stacking-savvy roomate and it is to die for! What I love most is that it goes amazingly with my rose gold Fossil watch and, even though it's thin, I feel like it'll hold up.
I also got this really, really cool Ciate Velvet Nail Kit in Blue Suede from my friend Madison. I've been wating to try it for quite some time now because the effect is really cool on the package. It comes with the blue nail polish base, the velvet shavings, and a mini brush (adorbs!). I had some trouble starting off, but once I got the hang of it, it created a very plush, moss-like finish and everyone loved it. However, after washing my hands I have noticed that the velvet gets flat and almost hard which is a major turn-off. If you're looking to buy this product for everyday wear, I would be wary; but if you're looking to wear it out for a special occasion, go for it! It's a really cool conversation starter!
I also got my first blue Tiffany box (thank you, Rachel!!) which contained the most darling coffee mug ever produced and I have used it every morning since! It's the perfect size and I love the weight of it in my hand.
All in all, such a lovely birthday weekend. I really appreicate the love I feel during that time (and all the time!) I will use my two boyfriend presents (I know, swoon!) this week and let you know what I think! I especially can't wait to see if these are worth the hype. In the meantime, enjoy this birthday card drawing from my infinitely-more-artistic-than-me boyfriend as much as I did. (I love you, too!)


P.S. Williams-Sonoma is offering free shipping on any order through the end of today! Use the code FREESHIP
P.P.S. New J. Crew collection came in stores Monday (happy birthday to me!) What did you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment