Friday, October 5, 2012

My J. Crew Addiction

It is a well known fact that I am a J. Crew addict. I love the colors, the fabrics, the fit, and most importantly, the way their style fits with mine: classic and not too fussy. I know that it can be pricey, but trust me when I say that if you follow my lead, you can get the best bang for your buck. P.S. Right now, your local store is probably offering an extra 25% off sale items! Hurry in!

If you're a student, you always always ALWAYS get an extra 15% off. That includes full price items, promotions, and extra 30-40% off sales (that's almost 50% off already reduced prices!)Your Michael Kors hybrid iPhone case/wallet wristlet is breathing sighs of relief already, I can tell. 
If you have the luxury of having a J. Crew near you, did you know you can call from their "red phone" and get free shipping? You can also use your student discount on items only offered online or get them to match lower online promotion prices this way and -bonus-the sales associates are always super helpful!
 Often times, you can get a better deal in the store than online (this especially applies with sale items). Let me tell you about the last few times I was my favorite place (and came in way under budget!)
Yesterday, I was rewarding myself for studying hard and (hopefully) passing my account exam. It was a bear and I was in desperate need of retail therapy. I went in and was very excited to see the extra 25% off sale items sign and went straight to what I'd had my eye on.


The first piece I bought was this. Can I please say that there's no such thing as just a t-shirt at J. Crew? This is made out of gorgeous, thick, soft cotton and the details are perfect (hence, Perfect Fit T). At $40 originally, it's pricey for a basic, but at my store it was on sale for $19.99 with an extra 25% off + my student discount which made it way reasonable! So worth it for a quality, well fitting, neutral colored T.

Sorry for the poor lighting, but I also picked up a scarf that I can't find online anymore. You should see if you can find it in stores because it's a steal! It's 100% silk and cheetah print (really, the best scarf combo you can ask for, right?) A neutral print is so versatile in an accessory and it's the perfect length for wrapping, knotting, or just wearing tied on your bag in case it gets breezy.  This was also $19.99 on sale+ the discounts! I can guess with great confidence that this scarf was anywhere from $65 up originally.

This was really the creme de la creme of my sale purchasing. When I walked in the store I was greeted and they asked me if I wanted to look at some "vintage" J. Crew jewelry a.k.a pieces that have been living unnoticed in the stock room for more than a year. While this is a serious oversight on their part, it also meant serious deals for me. Three seasons ago I lusted after a necklace similar to the one above. It had the same stones set the same way but they were closer together on a slightly darker chain and it laid right below the collarbone- gorgeous! It was very expensive (over $100), so I never sprung for it but lo and behold, there it was behind the counter yesterday. I asked how much it was and they said $39.99+additional 25% off+ student discount! This is serious people! I immediately took it and I couldn't be happier. I haven't worn it yet, but I can't wait!
All in all, I came in right about $50 for 3 versatile and well made pieces- and you can too! Happy shopping and let me know what you find!
P.S. Select outerwear is now 25% off online (that means amazing wool peacoats at a super reasonable price and my favorite down vest for close to nothing!)




No comments:

Post a Comment