Monday, October 1, 2012

A Lesson in Goat Cheese.

Have you had any good food lately? I don't mean sauteed chicken. I mean, food you just die over. Personally, I think this is the only kind of food one should ever eat (unless one is stuck at home cramming for accounting at 11 p.m; in that case, microwave vegetables are appropriate and expected). Here is one of many stories of amazing things I ate (and loved!)
Let me preface my first dish by saying that I live in apartment with three other girls which is ridiculous and amazing and chaotic all the time. Sometimes, to skip out on actual things I need to do, I like to venture out into the real world with my roomate Bethany (she likes good food just like me!) Last week, she suggested we go to The Plaid Apron in Sequoyah Hills; an old, ritzy part of Knoxville that I never venture to. We almost didn't, but it was on our way and we (and by we I mean I) were starving, so off we went. Little did I know this trip was going to end with that crazy-happy-dinging-game-show-sound-when-someone-wins-the-new-car (in my mouth!)  


See what I mean? I'm falling in love all over again just looking at the photographic evidence. The Plaid Apron serves as much local meat/produce/bread/everything they can get their hands on and when I ordered a grilled cheese, I had no idea what I was in for. On my toasted ciabatta, there was goat cheese, peaches, arugula, cheddar, and candied onions. Candied onions, people. They also served me water in a mason jar which is not really my thing but seemed magical at the time. To be honest, I have no idea what my side dish was called, but I know it had sweet corn, tomatoes, and huge croutons in it which was, in a word, phenom.We also had a super yummy pot of black tea and a key lime tart for dessert (which tasted exactly like my mom's!) If you get the chance, I highly reccomend it but be warned, it's only open until 3 p.m. each day!
Are there any local places you would reccomend? I'm new at being a foodie, so I would love any reccomendations! 
Happy Eating!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment