Monday, July 1, 2013

New Additions: The Lip Products

Whelp. The black packaging and silver writing drew me in. I know I'm not the only one...yes? Yes.

If its any consolation, I only bought a few items, and they're all useful, neutral, everyday type products.
The problem...they're all lip products, which I already have too many of.

On to the goods:
Whirl Lip Pencil: I'd describe this as a tan for your lips, basically a much darker natural tone. Raising the color saturation. Its true to its description as a dirty rose.
Spice Lip Pencil: This is the more warmed toned of the three, but not overwhelmingly so. Its called a pink cinnamon by MAC, which I'd agree with, but I'd say it favors the cinnamon description.
Subculture Lip Pencil: MAC calls it an underground pink. Anyone want to guess at what underground means in this instance? I'm at a loss. This, for me, is a cooler medium pink that works well alone or with any marginally pinky lipstick.
Brave Lipstick: A pink beige that is a "my lips but better" plus a sheen shade. This is a satin finish lipstick. Easy wear, hard to mess up. Flattering in the simplest of ways. 


In order: Whirl, Spice, Subculture, Brave

Note: Brave is slightly more beige in person, flash can be tricky. 

XOXO

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment