Sunday, June 30, 2013

Recipe Revision Round 2

Sorry to say I took no photos. I tend to eat things before I remember to take pictures. Its a personal flaw- lets just say I'm working on it, mmk?

At any rate- I have recipes for you!
To start, I got inspired by a recipe on The Hungry Mouse where she put whiskey, cranberries, and butter all over ribs. I mean. Come on. I had to recreate it.
But then the butcher had no ribs. Its summer, cranberries are no where to be found. And cranberry preserves are invisible. So, I improvised.
In the preserves section I found apple butter, which- apples and pork are fab together even if I'm not much of a pork person myself. And I figured whiskey couldn't hurt in this instance.
Without further ado,  here is my recipe for Apple Butter Whiskey Pork Loin.



Disclaimer: I always cut the fat off my pork, you'll enjoy this more if you don't, or- if you cut it off before applying the mixture.

2 1/2 lb pork loin
1/3 cup whiskey (I used Jack Daniel's)
1 1/2 Tbls apple butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 Tbls melted butter


I whisked these together, and spread evenly over the pork loin on a foil covered Pyrex dish.  Now, these measurements aren't entirely exact. Taste your mixture. Change what you need to.

Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, lower the over to 375 for about 45 minutes, depending on the size and shape of your pork loin. Check for temperature somewhere in between 155-165. Cover with foil and rest. The temp should raise about 5 degrees. It needs to hit at least 160 in the center before you eat it.


My second recipe is actually a revision based on lack of ingredients. The original recipe can be found here from Bake Your Day. These wraps are fabulous, and easy. In fact, I baked and shredded a little extra chicken and made more the next day.

My very slightly edited version:
2 cups shredded chicken
2 Tbls balsamic vinegar
1 Tbls soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbls toasted sesame seeds
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 Tbls brown sugar
1 bunch (about 7) green onions, greens only, chopped


I heated the sauce, sans green onions, until slightly thickened, then added the green onions for about another minute. I added the chicken and stirred until the mixture was thoroughly heated and combined.
Serve in tortillas and enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment