Friday, June 21, 2013

Guerlain Maxi Lash

Before I get in bed, I thought id do a quick little review of this mascara. So, a little hurried iPhone post this will be.

I always pick mascara samples when I place an order with Sephora. I never feel as though high end mascaras live up to the hype or are worth the cost. So, I pick the samples to see if I can be proved wrong. Ive tried LancĂ´me, Estee Lauder, MAC, Tarte, etc. I have purchased full sized high end mascaras based purely on hype before. Bad decisions.  Ive tried the famed Diorshow, which I thought was a pretty lackluster and kind of worthless mascara. So, keep that in mind.

My favorite drugstore mascaras have narrowed themselves to Loreal varieties. I prefer a deeply black mascara with significant volume and reasonable lengthening abilities. Curl is not a requirement for me.

When I received the Maxi Lash sample, I was expecting a completely average mascara. I was dead wrong and now feel compelled to purchase a $30 full size version. Its that good. (The packaging just so happens to be drool worthy...) Below are some photos I took to show the effects. This is one, I repeat, ONE light coat. Thats all. (I have no mascara on my bottom lashes and no eyeliner or eyeshadow on.)



(I will also attach a photo of my clean lashes after I wash my face) 


My one complaint is that it can be a bit tricky to remove if water is your only means of removal. 

With that said, Ill now say goodnight and promise to be a bit more organized in my next post(

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment