Sunday, July 7, 2013

First Impressions: L'Oréal Lineur Intense

I'm an eyeliner person. Always have been. Its the first bit of makeup I purchased. And I'm a hard sell at that.
Im a Fluidline fan, I own them in an array of colors and am pleased with them. That being said, sometimes needing a brush isn't  all that convenient, and if your brush isn't clean-well you're in for a half hour eyeliner application. 
I know there are a lot of great high end liquid eyeliners on the market, but I prefer gel and its not worth the money to me unless I can fall in love with it, which hasn't  happened yet.
So, I thought I'd try and review this little eyeliner. This particular one is a liquid formula with a felt tip pen.


The formula is a touch watery to be honest. This is both good and bad. Its bad because until it dries, smearing is a definite  possibility. But- if you made a mistake it is easy to fix.
Its intense, but not overwhelmingly so. It has a very slight sheen even once its dry. It,however, is not layer-able, if you're someone who goes over a line several times to build or smooth. It removes itself with that method, and is certainly not a product for you.
As far as the brush is concerned, a sharp point is easy to create, as shown. The line is not ultra thin, but fairly thin with the ability  to be thick if so desired. Its a touch too long and not as thin as I would maybe like, but workable for sure.
This liner is not waterproof. At all. A drop of water on a Q-tip took it off in one swipe. This is good or bad, depending on your preference. 

Keep in mind, This is a first impression, it may wear very impressively, I will test it out and see.
Also, I am wearing no mascara in the picture to show the true color intensity.

What are your top eyeliners?

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment