Friday, May 31, 2013

Addict, Literally


I headed out for a makeup shopping adventure today- looking for a gift for a friend. (If you're curious, I purchases Chanel Glossimer in #156 Pampille for her.)

For myself, my shopping adventure lasted long after I left the mall. All summer I've had a list of cosmetics I intended to purchase. Needless to say, the list is empty now- although that includes a few things I saw in person and decided against. My purchases included:


(Image via Nordstrom.com)

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Color in La Favorite. Mouth-full, isn't it? Either way, gorgeous color. In my opinion its a universally flattering pinky coral color. While it is a matte lipstick, as the title suggests, it applies like velvet. Extremely smooth, and non drying. I highly recommend at least swatching this color and formula. Plus, the packaging is fabulous, the gold CCs are hidden and the lipstick is revealed by the "button" style tube design.

(Image via Sephora.com)
I also picked up this little number, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Scorch. I went in for Roach, and left with this lighted bronze shade instead. When I compared the two side by side, this was the clear winner for my purposes. I have yet to test the formula, but the color is perfection.
                                     
(Images via Sephora.com)
Initially, I purchased the lower of the two Dior Addict Glosses, #257 Venus. Then I got home, put it on, and my addicted self ordered #227 Ambre Lumiere. If I'm going to buy a gloss- its Dior. The Chanel gloss I bought is beautiful. But for me, Dior glosses are perfection in sparkle, texture, and overall wow-factor. For a $30 lip gloss? It has to be Dior. Every time. I sought out #257 as a dupe for Dior Ultra Addict Reflects gloss in #157. The two are not the completely the same-I have both. But since #157 was discontinued, #257 is its slightly paler, but equally as gorgeous dupe.

(Images via Sephora.com)
Since I can't order just one product, I also added these to my shopping cart. NARS Blush in Sex Appeal and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #15 Corail Intuitive. I own and love the cult classic NARS Orgasm- and being extremely fair skinned- Sex Appeal seemed like a good peach for my skin, as its a less intense color than the likes of NARS Exhibit A or Seduction. I'm extremely pleased with the quality of NARS blushes and they don't break me out- unlike MAC blushes.
As far as the YSL lipstick is concerned, you can't beat it. The packaging is out of control gorgeous and the products are top notch. I own the Sheer Candy #4, which is the hot pink Emily Maynard wears on the Bachelorette. She Instagramed #15, therefore I had to have it.  Because, clearly, my impossible desire to be as gorgeous as her can be reached through a lipstick, right? Right.


Also, I did receive the Home. T, and will blog about it as well as a Cheap Monday top I couldn't live without. I did decide against the J.Crew basics haul- apologies.

Until my next paycheck,
Rachel XO

No comments:

Post a Comment