Saturday, March 9, 2013

Can you pass up a sale?

I know I can't.

Its unfortunate really- for my credit card at least. But, J. Crew had a sale. Again. And I succumbed to the % off sign. Again.
But all and all, I'm pleased with my purchases- and they let me have my student discount on top of the sale- which they normally don't do. Success all around.

Shall we check out the goods? Indeed.

My first purchase, Lauren would be proud of- a chambray shirt. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing one for a very long time. I am very anti jean/chambray combo- but considering I own 18 pairs of jeans (excessive, I'm aware), Its hard to come up with other options. I had to considered my current wardrobe before spend $80 on a shirt I wasn't positive I would get much wear out of. Now, I know I could have purchased a cheaper version, but I own more Forever 21 clothes than I should already, and quality is so much more important in the long run. In fact, I'm cleaning out my closet at school and home over spring break and removing all cheap and hardly worn clothes- more on that later though.
I justified the purchase a few ways-Patterned or colorful shorts do the trick, and there are always riding pants- part satin-y gorgeous, part fab texture stretch-, my fave skinny high waisted chinos, and colorful pants make a statement without excess. Leggings and yoga pants are the relaxed way to style. Even over flowy spring dresses and flouncy skirts- chambray works for effortless cover.



And this is my chambray of choice. (J. Crew Keeper Chambray in Afternoon Sky)

                                                           
I purchased one size up from what I would normally get, just to make sure it would go over any top and work well as a layering piece. I also could not resist the shorts sale, which only further justified my shirt purchase. My picks? (J. Crew 3" Chino Short in Soft Mint)

                                                           

Being 5'5" and with a 31" inseam, the 3" chino are the most flattering on me. I have a 5" pair in bright purple, which are great, but the extra length lets also wear them cuffed for a more relaxed look. I also purchased these a size up, because I prefer them slightly loose fitting. I also snagged a pair in the new Candy Anchor pattern, which are unfortunately not online to show you.

One incredibly long blog post later, 2 pairs of shorts and highly debated shirt- there you have it. Sales always seem to justify purchases for me, but quality and versatile pieces well worth a little dent in my bank account.

Have you scored any new pieces for spring yet? How do you justify new clothing?

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment